Twenty Eight Reasons Why "Eight Two"
- The wheel arrangement of steam locomotives.
- 82 is the atomic number of lead. Eight Two got lead poisoning as a child
which is the most likely cause of his musical hallucinations.
- E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial ('82).
- Audio CDs came out in October '82.
- "Et tu, Brute?" betrayal by numbers, Eight Two has OCD about the numbers 8 and 2.
- Étude: Eight Two's songs are difficult (études). Alexander Scriabin, Étude Op. 8, No. 2.
- Elephants: Over their lives elephants have 28 teeth. The oldest recorded elephant lived for 82 years.
- In Italian "È tu" means it is you. Etu means advantage in Finnish.
- 82 are first two registration numbers of the L train, in Eight Two's neighborhood in Brooklyn, which started service in 1928.
- There are 8.2 million people in NYC.
- Average NYC temperature in the summer is 82° degrees: June (77°), July (83°), August (81°).
- The road leading into the front door of The Met is east eighty second street.
- Like E.T. Eight Two was an alien who landed in the US in '82. He is now a US citizen.
- Started 82 paintings while sleeping though his first solo art gallery opening. Lived in the gallery painting for 28 days. Finished 81 paintings, the music is the 82nd painting.
- Numerology: (Eternal Togetherness) Eight represents power and repetition and Two represents uniting to create a better world.
- Messier 82 (starburst galaxy M 82).
- At school he had the TI-82 calculator
- E.T. phone home! Like E.T. Eight Two wants to use the phone to call home, instead he uses a phone vocal effect and misses his family terribly.
The musical times of the day are from 8 AM to 2 PM and 8 PM to 2 AM.
- Eight Two was too modest for "He Got Wit".
- The movie Magnolia.
- Our music defies reason so we chose a name that makes no sense.
- 28 earth days is one day on the sun and the average human menstrual cycle.
- The song "Eight Two" by Eight Two is 8 minutes 2 seconds long.
- The longest human life expectancy is 82 years in Japan, Hong Kong, Switzerland and Israel. Life is a song, Eight Two likes long songs.
- An octopus has eight tentacles and each tentacle has 200 suckers, that's a total of 1600 suckers.
- Was born on this day and arrived in New York at 8:02am Eastern Time.
- In the nineties, a Colombian wizard told Gerardo that he would die at age 82.